Dorothy Lim, Associate
Dorothy graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (Cum Laude) from Singapore Management University in 2015 and was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore in 2017.
She has represented various clients including, inter alia, local and international banks, companies, landlords, shareholders, directors and liquidators in both transactional as well as dispute resolution work. Her experience lies mainly in international commercial arbitration, commercial and corporate litigation, and insolvency-related matters. Sharp and sensitive, Dorothy is quick to protect her client’s interests whilst ensuring her client’s needs are fully met.
Some of Dorothy’s more recent notable experiences include:
- Acting for a local company in a contractual claim against a foreign company in an arbitration
- Acting for an international bank against a collateral management company for breach of contract, negligence and/or fraud in an arbitration
- Acting for prominent commercial landlords and property managers in tenancy-related disputes
- Acting for liquidators in various creditors’ voluntary winding up
- Acting for a local company in claiming damages against a corrupt former employee for breach of employment contract
- Representing and advising a managing director and equal shareholder in a shareholder dispute and successfully negotiated a buy-out.
- Advising on the document retention policy of a leading accounting firm
Apart from being an avid reader and animal lover, Dorothy is a modern generalist with diverse interests, such as coding and skating.
Dorothy is fluent in English and Mandarin, with elementary proficiency in written and spoken Thai.