Joni Khoo, Associate
Joni is the firm’s latest addition hand-picked from the National University of Singapore crop for her sterling work quality. She is an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore and advises clients on a wide-range of contentious and non-contentious matters. While her focus is on commercial and corporate disputes and tortious / contractual claims, she is also active in the criminal, mental capacity, and family law fraternity.
Some of Joni’s more recent notable experiences include:
- Representing and advising a shareholder for claims of, inter alia, minority oppression, shareholder disputes and breach of directors’ duties.
- Advising and representing an oligarch in global tracing and recovery of assets.
- Advising on an employment disputes against a major offshore drilling company and a foreign news corporation.
- Representation in respect of custody issues and the Hague Convention.
- Representation in multiple Deputies applications under the Mental Capacity Act.
- Representing a jewellery manufacturer in an employee breach of confidence High Court dispute.
- Advising on medical distributorship of equipment and licensing issues.
Joni is an active sportsperson, engaging in competitive sports activities and pole-dancing. Joni’s commitment to her work is unique, and has the penchant for making clients feel like they are the only person in the room.
Joni is fluent in English and Mandarin.