Joni Khoo, Associate
Joni is the firm’s latest acquisition. She was hand-picked from the National University of Singapore crop for her sterling work quality and exceptional academic accomplishments. Joni is an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore and whilst her main practice areas are commercial and corporate disputes and tortious / contractual claims, she also has been highly active in criminal, mental capacity, and family law fraternity.
Some of Joni’s more recent notable experiences include:
- Representing and advising a shareholder for claims of, inter alia, minority oppression, shareholder disputes and breach of directors’ duties.
- Advising and representing an oligarch in global tracing and recovery of assets.
- Advising on an employment disputes against a major offshore drilling company and a foreign news corporation.
- Representation in respect of custody issues and the Hague Convention.
- Representation in multiple Deputies applications under the Mental Capacity Act.
- Representing a jewellery manufacturer in an employee breach of confidence High Court dispute.
- Advising on medical distributorship of equipment and licensing issues.
Joni is an active sportsperson, engaging in competitive sports activities and pole-dancing. Joni’s commitment to her work is unique, and has the penchant for making clients feel like they are the only person in the room.
Joni is fluent in English and Mandarin.