Ning Jie, Associate
Ning Jie graduated from the National University of Singapore and is an advocate and solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore. While her main areas of practice extend to civil and commercial litigation, Ning Jie has acted for and advised clients in diverse areas of law including bankruptcy, insolvency, employment, shareholder disputes, construction, and criminal matters. Apart from dispute resolution, Ning Jie’s practice encompasses non-contentious matters such as reviewing and drafting of agreements and corporate transactional work.
Tenacious and self-motivated, Ning Jie is committed to provide pragmatic solutions for her clients. Being effectively bilingual, Ning Jie brings to the table unique abilities to effectively assist clients both locally and abroad.
Some of Ning Jie’s more recent notable experiences include:
- Acting in a major insolvency matter with parallel actions being brought by creditors against directors of the company;
- Representing and advising a director of a Singapore company for claims involving allegations of, inter alia, fraudulent trading, for an amount exceeding $600 million.
- Representing and advising a contractor in a claim resulting from fire in a laboratory, causing damage amounting to $55 million.
- Representing and advising the MCST in a flooding incident in lifts of a condominium, which caused consequential damage amounting to close to half a million.
- Representing and advising a shareholder for claims of, inter alia, minority oppression, shareholder disputes and breach of directors’ duties.
- Acting as instructing solicitors for Mandarin-speaking clients for matters in various other jurisdictions, including Australia.
In her leisure time, Ning Jie enjoys swimming and playing board games.
Ning Jie is fluent in English and Mandarin.