Clement Ong, Director
Clement read law at Bristol University and graduated in 2013, thereafter being admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore in 2015.
Clement joined the firm fresh out of the Bar course and has developed to become one of the most promising young lawyers in town. In his first year of practice, Clement led a trial in a High Court suit with 9 parties involving major hospitality brands in Singapore.
Clement represents clients in complex commercial litigation matters such as intra and inter-company disputes, joint venture and contractual disputes. Clement’s proficiency also includes defamation, intellectual property and trust disputes and he has been featured in local and foreign news publications.
Clement’s local and cross-border discipline also includes acting for major players in the private wealth sector to advice on a range of commercial and corporate transactional matters, banking matters and real estate matters. For particular clients, Clement also acts in family, mental capacity and criminal proceedings.
Some of Clement’s more recent notable experiences include:
- Acting successfully in both the High Court and Court of Appeal in a trade mark infringement and passing-off claim.
- Acting successfully in the High Court in an injunction in respect of share dilution.
- Acting successfully in the High Court in an injunction involving the capitalization of a company.
- Acting successfully in a company derivative action in the High Court.
- Acting successfully in the High Court in niche applications for pre-action discovery, striking out, security for costs and vacation of a trial against Senior Counsel.
- Advising on the acquisition of a club.
- Advising on the franchise and supply of coffee to hotel chains.
- Advising on f&b manufacturing distributorships, franchise and retailing.
- Advising on an acquisition of a wine distributorship.
Clement has also co-authored legal commentaries on the Prevention on Human Drug Trafficking Act, Protection of Harassment Act and proposed changes to the Criminal Procedure Code and is a member of the International Bar Council. He is also a committee member on the Criminal Legal Aid Scheme.
Clement is also a formidable exponent at foosball. Through the influence of his magister, Clement has picked up golf. You may occasionally spot Clement at the country club picking away at golf balls on his TaylorMade M1 driver.
Clement is fluent in English and Mandarin with an ab-initio qualification in written and spoken Japanese.