Keith Lim, Associate
Keith graduated with a Bachelor of Laws from University College London (UCL), and is an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore, being part of the inaugural batch of lawyers to be admitted remotely by video conferencing means.
Keith primarily acts in a wide range of corporate and commercial disputes of a contractual / tortious nature. However, Keith is also involved in criminal law, family law and intellectual property law matters from time to time. Keith believes in giving back to the community through his involvement in pro bono matters, and has acted for accused persons under the Criminal Legal Aid Scheme (CLAS) and volunteered at various legal clinics since entering legal practice.
Some of Keith’s more recent notable experiences include:
- Acting in a major insolvency matter with parallel actions being brought by creditors against directors of the company;
- Acting in an appeal in the Court of Appeal on a novel point of law involving obligations of disclosure
- Acting on behalf of a regulated entity in an employment-related dispute against one of its former managing directors
- Acting on behalf of a local construction firm in respect of claims against third-parties in a major construction contract; Defending an application for injunction brought by a contractor against a call on a performance bond
- Defending a former nominee director against criminal charges brought under section 157 of the Companies Act.
Outside of work, Keith enjoys playing squash, and finds the game an effective stress reliever in coping with the rigorous demands of legal practice. Keith is also passionate about music – he plays several musical instruments and also sings.
Keith is fluent in English and Mandarin.