Sukhmit Singh, Director
Sukhmit is a graduate of the National University of Singapore and an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore. As the backbone of the firm’s shipping, insurance, criminal, probate and family law practice areas, Sukhmit has lately found himself advising, representing and exculpating clients who have been criminally sanctioned. He prides himself on understanding the ins and outs of litigation and actively volunteers in criminal legal aid scheme cases.
Some of Sukhmit’s more recent notable experiences include:
- Defense work for an accused estate agent who was alleged to have received commissions from both the landlord and tenant.
- Defense work for an accused charged under the Prevention of Corruption Act, Corruption Drug Trafficking and Other Serious Crimes (Confiscation of Benefits) Act.
- Advising on the chartering and bunkering of a fleet of Suezmax and VLCC oil tankers.
- Instructing foreign counsel on Singaporean and offshore ship arrests.
- Defense work in respect of drink driving charges under the Road Traffic Act.
- Defense work in respect of money laundering.
Before devoting his time to full-time legal work, Sukhmit spearheaded his family-owned shipping business which spanned several countries in Asia such as India, Vietnam, Japan and China for 20 years. During his tenure as Chief Operating Officer of his shipping conglomerate, Sukhmit has managed over 200 vessels flying BVI, Panamanian, Indian, German and Singapore flags.
In addition to hitting the gym regularly, Sukhmit’s enthusiasm walking his dog in sub-zero temperatures.
Sukhmit is fluent in English and Punjab.